It is very rare that we get an untainted view into the thoughts, feelings and hearts of strangers. Since September 2010, Humans of New York creator, Brandon Stanton has made a career of doing just that. After amassing over 7.3 million followers on Instagram, Stanton launched a video series of the same name where he strays from simple pictures and quotes into short interviews with random people on the streets of New York. The result is an incredibly profound and inspiring look into the minds of strangers who are just like us.
I would suggest this series if you are looking:
- To have your views on life challenged by the untarnished opinions and experiences of real individuals.
- To be inspired by the strength and tenacity of everyday people.
- To take a peek into the minds of people from a diverse set of cultures, ages and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- To be introduced to the struggles of people who are different from you.
- To have your faith in humanity restored by the genuine interaction that is possible from everyday people on the street.